Website Copiers Plus
Reports to: General Manager
At Copiers Plus the ‘Plus’ stands for Service. The Service Department of Copiers Plus plays an essential role in meeting this goal. Excellent service is required to retain existing clients and attract new clients in the Fayetteville, Raleigh, Greensboro, Wilmington and Asheboro markets. To that extent, the Vice President of Service is expected to work closely with the General Manager and other members of Leadership to ensure all clients receive the highest level of professional service and technical support. This is done, in part, through effective management of service staff; service production and profitability; employee recruiting, training and development; employee and customer relations; communications and administration.
- Paid time off (sick, personal, and holidays)
- Retirement plan (company match Simple IRA)
- A company car, cell phone, and computer (for business use)
- Medical, dental, vision insurance options
- Life insurance
- Professional development assistance
Education: Bachelors Degree in Management or Technical Field is preferred but not required if candidate has sufficient experience and can demonstrate a proven record of success in the service management field.
Experience: Minimum 10 years service experience/7 years management experience.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (at all levels and across functions within an organization)
- A passion to provide great customer service experience
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving abilities, ability to think out-of-the-box, and contribute to our evolving Services portfolio
- Works well in a team environment
- Sense of urgency with communication
- Service, service management and service training
- Familiar with office equipment industry’s history and current trends.
- Modern business machines (copiers, printers, MFP devices, shedders, cutters, etc.)
- Networking, Network Management and solutions (applications)
- PC proficient (email, word processing, spreadsheets)
- Working knowledge of e-Automate is preferred, but not required
- Formulating and maintaining an annual budget
- Presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and train technical staff
- Evaluating the cost of operation and establish work assignment benchmarks
- Employee / Customer relations skills
- Communication Skills, both verbal and written
- Developing, implementing and monitoring a competitive compensation structure
- Establishing processes and procedures that improve efficiency and profitability while improving a high level of customer service
Duties and Responsibilities
The following job responsibilities are intended to reflect the major responsibilities of the job, but do not describe the minor duties or other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. Incumbent will be required to satisfactorily perform all essential functions of the job.
Provide Oversight of Technicians, Dispatchers & Warehouse Staff
- Monitor and direct the daily activities of the technicians, dispatchers and warehouse staff to ensure all work is performed in an efficient, effective, profitable and safe manner.
- Ensure all work is performed in a professional manner and in accordance with established company policies.
- Discipline staff, in accordance with the published Employee Handbook, when violations of company policies and procedures are noted.
- Ensure company owned equipment, vehicles, etc. are properly handled and maintained. Also, ensure client owned equipment is proper handled to prevent damage to the equipment or property.
Customer Satisfaction & Quality Assurance/Control
- Monitor customer satisfaction and intervene when necessary to ensure the Company’s reputation for excellent service is maintained.
- Follow-up on services provided to ensure they were performed correctly and in a timely and professional manner.
- Follow-up when problems occur, determine cause and effect, and take necessary action to ensure the problem is not repeated.
- Develop and execute programs designed to solicit feedback from clients on customer satisfaction.
- Follow-up on all client complaints received and related to service activities.
Process & Communication Improvement
- Define, document and communicate expectations for service, dispatch and inventory activities.
- Monitor service activities and seek, define and implement methods for improving processes and procedures.
- Monitor service activities and seek, define and implement methods for improving communications between service, other departments and clients.
Inventory Control & Billing Assistance
- Monitor inventory processes to ensure inventory accuracy as it relates to the service functions.
- Assist other departments as necessary to resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Assist other departments as necessary to ensure billing is performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Develop, implement and monitor product training for Service Technicians.
- Develop, implement and monitor network (IT) training for Service Technicians.
- Provide customer relations training for all service staff.
- Provide training to Service Technicians to improve work order documentation and processes.
- Provide training for Dispatchers to improve documentation, processes and equipment trouble-shooting.
- Provide training to warehouse staff to improve inventory interaction with service and inventory control.
- Handle administrative functions, both on an accurate and timely basis.
- Predominately an office job in a conditioned space (except in warehouse areas).
- Should expect to experience unpredictable conditions at customer locations.
- Requires a significant amount of driving.
- Freedom to move about and stretch periodically.
- Able to properly lift 30 pounds or less frequently, 50 pounds or less occasionally. The highest point of any lift – overhead; the lowest point of any lift – the floor.
- Able to move 50 pounds or less frequently, 100 pounds or less occasionally.
- Able to push/pull objects with moderate effort frequently. Maximum effort occasionally.
- Able to sit and/or stand 2 hours continuously, up to 8 hours per day. Able to remain on feet for 2 hours continuously.
- Must be able to manipulate small objects with close eye-hand and arm-hand coordination for entire shift.
- Able to perform motor skills such as grasping, finger manipulation, pinching, bending, reaching out, twisting, turning, reaching up, wrist turning/torqueing for 2 hours continuously.
- Able to see objects closely, perceive depth continuously.
- Able to understand, relate to, and apply concepts on a continuous basis.
- Able to remember multiple tasks/assignments given to self and others over long periods of time continuously.
- Able to drive vehicle from site to site in order to provide support for employees and clients. Clean driving record required.
Assistant Service Manager